Dev Process Improvements¶
This page is where we brain-dump ideas for improving the development/testing/packaging/documentation/etc process because making Issues for speculation feels dirty.
1. Minify/Concat all the things¶
HTTP requests are silly.
Put all of the plugins in the bundled version, changing any of them so that just including the code doesn’t activate them.
Current planned ideal:
- setup (mention existing_integrations)
- philosophy (or should this be on the website?)
- getting_help (link to contributing)
- index (general overview of architecture and explanation of customization methods)
- using_plugins (content from using_wymeditor/using_plugins and plugins/index)
- using_content_layouts (better name than iframe)
- howto/ (instead of customizing_wymeditor/examples)
- toolbar_items ?
- wymeditor_development/ (as it already exists)
JSHint the remaining first-party files¶
Only things we don’t control
should be in
It’s not necessary.
We should include Rangy via bower.
Eliminate the Selenium tests¶
There are some bugs that can only be tested with native events, so we wrote Selenium tests for them. This kind of sucks, though, since it’s a very separate concern.
Instead, use one of the Java Applet-based real user event simulators.
Run the Unit Tests in Every Browser on Every Build¶
Testling-CI seems like the way to go for running our unit tests across our supported browsers. It won’t work for our Selenium tests, but it will at least make it easy to catch regressions and the like when lazy developers *cough*me*cough* don’t test in all of the IE’s.
Load all examples/tests on travis¶
Have travis load all of the examples and tests using phantomjs and verify that WYMeditor is at least finishing initialization.