Loading a Skin¶
If you’re migrating from a version of WYMeditor before 1.0, the differences are explained in the migration documentation on No More Skin Auto-loading.
Third-party Skins and Skins in Development¶
Window doesn’t shrink for IE8+¶
We haven’t found a reliable way to detect that the editor window needs to shrink after content has been removed for IE8 and higher.
Usability problems with very-wide tables/images¶
If there are wide tables/images, things get a little goofy. The user must use the arrow keys to navigate within the table.
To fix this, we need to set widths for headers/paragraphs/etc and a min-width for the whole iframe, but allow the width to increase if needed. That will provide a whole-page horizontal scrollbar in the case of wide tables, which is probably better than current behavior.
Frame centering problems in IE¶
IE has some vertical centering issues:
- IE7: Too much space at the top and not enough at the bottom
- IE8: Too much space at the top and not enough at the bottom
- IE9: Too much space at the bottom and not enough at the top
IE8 has some horizontal centering issues:
With full-line content on initialization, IE8 has too much space on the left and not enough on the right.
View HTML box not affixed¶
When the box is open to view HTML, it should float under the toolbar instead of only being visible at the top. Otherwise, it’s kind of annoying to edit HTML for large documents.
Toolbar UI Tweaks Needed¶
- Give the toolbar a gray background so that it contrasts with the page and with the content blocks. That will require changing the background of the containers/classes dropdowns.
- Round the top corners of the toolbar.
- Round the corners for the container/classes dropdowns.
- Round the bottom corners of the iframe body to match the toolbar top.
Window doesn’t grow for inserted images¶
If you insert an image, the editor height doesn’t automatically update.